The Heavy Eyes
He dreams of lions
- CatalogArtifact 20
Following on from their 2011 self-titled debut, and 2012’s successful Maera album, the Memphis heavy psych trio ‘the heavy eyes’ return to the fold this November with their most accomplished record to date.
Over eleven tracks, amidst the unbridled rawness of ‘Saint’, the sheer weight of ‘Z-Bo’ and R’n’B shake appeal of ‘Smoke Signal, hypnotic hard rock riffs are delivered thick and fast through distorted fuzz boxes, gnarled bass lines and levee breaking drum beats..
This is an album that draws heavily from the heaviest (Led Zeppelin, Humble Pie, Mountain) and in doing so turns out new ideas with a punishing authenticity and honesty in line with their Memphis blues heritage.
This is The Heavy Eyes, one of rock and roll’s best and brightest!
- A1 | 03m59s – Shadow shaker
- A2 | 02m50s – Saint
- A3 | 02m19s – ZBO
- A4 | 04m52s – Old Saltillo Road
- A5 | 04m42s – He dreams of Lions
- A6 | 03m36s – Hail To The King, Baby
- B1 | 02m53s – Smoke Signals
- B2 | 05m56s – The Fool
- B3 | 02m38s – Somniloquy
- B4 | 03m19s – Little Finger
- B5 | 08m17s –Modern Shells
- 166x red marbled yellow (handnumbered mailorder version)
- 200x transparent yellow
- 150x black
- Plated & pressed on high performance vinyl in Germany
- Matt laquered 300gsm gatefold cover
- Special vinyl mastering