Blues For The Dead
- CatalogArtifact 2
The reincarnation of HEAVY BLUES is here!
LONELY KAMEL from Oslo/Norway are back with their 2nd album. The follow-up to their highly acclaimed, self titled 2008 debut album is called “Blues For The Dead” and lays down a bunch of truly glorious grooves. On the vinyl version with 3 vinyl-only bonus tracks you get a full dose (almost 70 minutes total playing time) of tasty heavy stoner blues, incl. cover versions of PENTAGRAM’s “Forever My Queen” and BLACK CAT BONES “Chauffeur”.
- A1 | 04m17s – A Tale Of A Madman
- A2 | 02m44s – Green Eyed Woman
- A3 | 06m01s – Wasted Time
- B1 | 08m43s – Stick With Your Plan
- B2 | 04m20s – Lady Mushroom
- B3 | 04m22s – A Million Years From Home
- B4 | 04m43s – No More Excuses
- C1 | 04m45s – Blindfolded
- C2 | 05m20s – The Boys
- C3 | 10m00s – The Trip
- D1 | 02m08s – Forever My Queen – PENTAGRAM cover
- D2 | 05m20s – Chauffeur – BLACK CAT BONES cover
- D3 | 06m23s – Heavy On My Soul
- 200 copies on black vinyl
- 200 copies on clear vinyl TOUR EDITION (incl. signed A3 poster)
- 100 copies on clear green vinyl
- high-quality 180g double vinyl
- heavy glossy gatefold cover
- incl. lyric sheet
- three vinyl-only bonus tracks.
The press wrote.
“Blues for the Dead.” and “Lonely Kamel.” I really had no idea what to expect upon first listen. I wasn’t blown away by the cover art; which I know may be odd, but cover art is an important part of the whole experience for me. I decided to head over to the bands myspace page and see Oslo, Norway. Nice, I have an obession with Scandinavia. First, I must say the artwork grew on me after the first listen. This is excellent! I hear thick and groovy blues rock. This album is solid. The majority of these tunes are 4 out of 5 with “Stick With Your Plan” being the stand out song. This song has a slow and steady intro and just jams at approximately 1:45! Some of the grooves in this track just bring the vision of a lovely woman’s hips swinging! For me, everything just melts together and flows through you, and it feels damn good. If you are looking for some groovy, blues influenced, hard rock, this is the album for you.